Friday, January 27, 2023 Daily Announcements
Chess practice Thursday after school.
The only students allowed to park at the old gym are the senior high football players. Everyone else needs to park in the main parking area at the new gym or in the chat parking lot. Students should not be parking on the side of the new gym or in the middle gym parking areas.
Teachers- A google form was sent out to vote for Hall of Merit. Please vote by Friday.
Friday, Jan. 27, is the last day to order a 2022-2023 yearbook with personalization. Order forms are being sent home. Orders can be turned back into the school or by ordering at jostensyearbooks.com.
Seniors- Please check your email and vote for Who's Who by Friday.
Juniors: there will be a parent after prom meeting on Sunday at 2:00 pm at the elementary school. Please plan on attending.
Junior class fundraisers orders and money is due Tuesday Jan. 31. Packets can be turned in at Sunday’s meeting, the high school office or at the homecoming game on Tuesday night.
Homecoming spirit week will begin on Wednesday, January 25th. Homecoming spirit days are Wednesday: Little Miss Day, Thursday: College Day, Friday: Bikers vs Surfers, Monday: PJ Day, Tuesday: Mohawk Spirit Day. See a Sr. High cheerleader for more details.
If you are interested in a knitting club, there is a sign-up sheet in the main office.
Legacy Equipment is coming to the library on Feb 3 at 9:00 am to talk about the John Deere AG Tech Program. They would like to speak Juniors & Seniors in high school to enroll in the program. Their program starts as an afterschool & summer commitment before going to a 2 year college. This opportunity would be free of charge to them, while working for Legacy Equipment Company.
Girls interested in the AMMC Foundation Benefit Beauty Pageant @ GCT see Mrs. Amber for application. Deadline is February 1st @ noon.
If you are interested in a virtual ACT prep class see Mrs. Amber. It will be February 7, 9:30 - 3:00.
Feb 6 @ 8:45 – Mr. Bowen will meet with the student group he met with before.
Civics Testing schedule:
Rescheduled-----Wed, 1/25 4th hour: Austin Seal, Shawn-Hudson Seegraves, Jake Smart, Chris Price
Rescheduled-----Wednesday, 1/25 5th hour: Anna Haley, Becky Due, Paige Morgan, Will Vancil
Friday 1/27 1st hour: Dixie B, Jessica H, Easton L, Tyler S, Tyson S, MiKaylah Putt
Friday 1/27 2nd hour: Grace H, Leslie R, Josh R, Maddy W, Alyssa M
Friday 1/27 3rd hour: Trinity A, Aden B, Dillon G, Lexey S, Cade T, Kelsey W
Friday 1/27 4th hour: Joe C, Michael H, Ashton R, Hunter R, Noah R
Friday 1/27 5th hour: Taylor B, Austin V, Lily W
*American Legion Coudret Trust and Garner Trust Scholarships – see Mrs. Amber for application. Must be a child, grandchild, or great grandchild of American Legionnaires. Applications must be received back to dept headquarters by March 10, 2023
*C. B. Garrison Scholaship – for seniors who are son/daughter of AAEA members. See Mrs. Amber for application. Deadline is April 7, 2023
* The College of Education and Behavioral Science at Arkansas State University is pleased to offer a performance-based scholarship to three incoming Fall 2023 freshmen who have declared one of the following majors,
See Mrs. Amber for link to application. Deadline April 1st2023
* The ASBA Educational Foundation is currently seeking applications for the 2023 Scholarship Award Program. The Foundation has awarded college scholarships to sons/daughters/legal wards of Arkansas school board members since 1994. The awards are based on a student’s academic record and leadership potential. The ASBA Freshman Scholarship is a $2,500 scholarship awarded to four high school seniors who will enter two-year or four-year institutions of higher education. Recipients must be the sons/daughters/legal wards of publicly elected Arkansas school board members who have served on his/her local board at some time during the 2022-2023 school year.
The Marshall Hughes Scholarship, which is named in honor of former Beardsley Public Finance employee, Marshall Hughes, is a $5,000 scholarship that will be awarded to the overall statewide freshman scholarship winner. Recipients must be the sons/daughters/legal wards of publicly elected Arkansas school board members who have served on his/her local board at some time during the 2022-2023 school year.
The scholarship application deadline is MARCH 1, 2023. The application and required documents must be submitted electronically. Criteria and instructions for submission are attached, or you may visit ASBA’s website for additional information.
* ATTENTION: High School Seniors
Clay County Electric Cooperative Corporation is seeking High School Seniors who are interested in pursuing a career as a High Voltage Lineman. Clay County Electric Cooperative offers a sponsorship for the High Voltage Lineman training at ASU Newport. This program offers an Associate of Applied Science in General Technology with emphasis in High Voltage Lineman. This is a great career opportunity with a high earning income potential. Applications must be submitted by the close of business Friday, March 24, 2023.
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
6) Only basketball players are to be in the Middle Gym during basketball games to change clothes before and after games. No other students will be allowed down the hallway during basketball games.
We will give a “super fan” award at every home game. You can win a drink and candy bar and you name will be entered for a grand prize at the end of the year.
Girls BB: 1/23 @ Manila, 1/26 Harrisburg (H)
Boys BB: 1/24 Manila (H), 1/27 @ Harrisburg