Wednesday, January 18, 2023 Daily Announcements
Chess practice Thursday after school.
The only students allowed to park at the old gym are the senior high football players. Everyone else needs to park in the main parking area at the new gym or in the chat parking lot. Students should not be parking on the side of the new gym or in the middle gym parking areas.
Homecoming royalty needs to meet in library today, Wednesday, Jan 17, @ 11:10 for a picture.
Basketball Homecoming t-shirt order forms are now available. Order forms will be with the following teachers: Mrs. Little, the English Teachers, Mrs. Jo, Coach Brantley, Coach Laura Brantley, Coach Erica Burns, Mrs. Seegraves, & Mrs. Swann.
Please notice: It is a very short turnaround time: Orders must be turned in Tuesday, Jan. 17 by noon to Mrs. Little or if you forgot you can turn in tomorrow morning (Wednesday Jan. 18) to Chloe Sexton.
Homecoming spirit week will begin on Wednesday, January 25th. Homecoming spirit days are Wednesday: Little Miss Day, Thursday: College Day, Friday: Bikers vs Surfers, Monday: PJ Day, Tuesday: Mohawk Spirit Day. See a Sr. High cheerleader for more details.
ML FBLA members will be testing on Wednesday, January 25th during 3rd and 7th periods. A list will be sent out to teachers who have students testing during their class periods. Please do not count them absent during this time. Students may also be late to their 4th or 8th period classes if their tests run long. Please do not count them tardy.
If you are interested in a knitting club, there is a sign-up sheet in the main office.
If you are interested in a virtual ACT prep class see Mrs. Amber. It will be February 7, 9:30 - 3:00.
Civics Testing schedule:
Monday 1/23 1st hour: Adam Fuller, Ryleigh Lathem, Chloe Sexton
Monday 1/23 2nd hour: Grace Hooten, Josh Redd, Cody Thompson
Monday 1/23 3rd hour: MaKenzie Grider, Colton Higgins, Brandon Potts
Monday 1/23 4th hour: Nate Brantley, Jason Jeffries, Connor Jordan, Emma Langley,
Tuesday, 1/24 4th hour: Austin Seal, Shawn-Hudson Seegraves, Jake Smart, Chris Price
Tuesday, 1/24 5th hour: Anna Haley, Becky Due, Paige Morgan
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
6) Only basketball players are to be in the Middle Gym during basketball games to change clothes before and after games. No other students will be allowed down the hallway during basketball games.
We will give a “super fan” award at every home game. You can win a drink and candy bar and you name will be entered for a grand prize at the end of the year.
Congratulations to the Jr. high boys' basketball team for defeating Corning.
The Sr. High girls' basketball team will play BIC tonight at 7:30 in the tournament at Corning.
The Sr. High boys' basketball team will play Winona Thursday night at 6:30 in the tournament at Corning.