Monday, January 9, 2023 Daily Announcements
Friday was the last day to change schedules for this semester.
The Beta picture will be Monday, January 9, at the beginning of 3rd hour in the library.
Please excuse the FCCLA Officers today (Monday, Jan. 9) for an officer's meeting in the FCS room 2nd hour at 9:05. Also, please excuse Taylor Peters and Haley Hanners to attend the meeting
Please excuse the following FCCLA members who will be attending the FCCLA Regional Winter Meeting at ASU, Jonesboro Wed. January 11:
Sienna Jones, Taylor Blackwell, Taylor Peters, Brooke Owen, Chloe Sexton, Maddy Winitizer, Oliva Sexton, Jeanel Vaughn, Piper Myhre, Ty Smith, Kaydience Wires, Haley Hanners and Joey Bost..
FCCLA meeting for Thurs. Jan. 12 at 8:55.(2nd hour).
PACE group pictures Monday January 9th - start of 2nd hour. Meet in new gym.
This is for any student who has been involved in PACE from elementary to now, even if they are not taking GT Seminar.
Shawn Hudson Seegraves
Riley Jo Gossett
All 7th grade PACE students will be with me during this time.
All Band group pictures will be taken Monday, Jan.8 at 1:00 in the new gym.
Chess practice Thursday after school.
Seniors- Senior profiles are due by January 11. Please turn them into Mrs. Natalie.
The Spanish Club will have their picture taken for the yearbook,Tuesday at 9:20 in the lobby of the new gym.
Theatre club meeting next Tuesday, Jan 10 - 4th hour in the new gym. A list will be emailed to the teachers.
If you are interested in a virtual ACT prep class see Mrs. Amber. It will be February 7, 9:30 - 3:00.
Civics test will be scheduled when we come back from Christmas break.
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
6) Only basketball players are to be in the Middle Gym during basketball games to change clothes before and after games. No other students will be allowed down the hallway during basketball games.
We will give a “super fan” award at every home game. You can win a drink and candy bar and you name will be entered for a grand prize at the end of the year.
Girls BB: 1/9@ Osceola, 1/22 @ Gosnell
Boys BB: 1/9 Walnut Ridge (H), 1/10 Osceola (H), 1/13 @ Gosnell