Friday, January 6, 2023 Daily Announcements
Today (Friday) will be the last day to change schedules for this semester. Email Mrs. Amber with your schedule change request. I will call you in when I get to your request.
Friday: 7th/8th graders interested in junior baseball need to go to the old gym at the beginning of 2nd hour for a meeting.
The Beta picture will be Monday, January 9, at the beginning of 3rd hour in the library.
I need to get chess pictures today (Friday) at the beginning of 2nd hour. Meet in front of the office.
All Band group pictures will be taken Monday, Jan.8 at 1:00 in the new gym.
Chess practice today (Thursday) after school.
Seniors- Senior profiles are due by January 11. Please turn them into Mrs. Natalie.
The Spanish Club will have their picture taken for the yearbook today during 2nd period. Please release the Spanish Club members at 9:20 to go to the lobby of the new gym.
FCCLA group picture will be today (Friday Jan 6) at 9:00 in the new gym
Art Club pictures will be today during 2nd period. Members need to meet at 9:15 in the new gym
Theatre club meeting next Tuesday, Jan 10 - 4th hour in the new gym. A list will be emailed to the teachers.
If you are interested in a virtual ACT prep class see Mrs. Amber. It will be February 7, 9:30 - 3:00.
Civics test will be scheduled when we come back from Christmas break.
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
6) Only basketball players are to be in the Middle Gym during basketball games to change clothes before and after games. No other students will be allowed down the hallway during basketball games.
We will give a “super fan” award at every home game. You can win a drink and candy bar and you name will be entered for a grand prize at the end of the year.
Congratulations to the Jr. High/Sr.High girls' basketball teams for defeating Rivercrest.
Dismiss the boys' basketball teams today at 2:30 to go to Rivercrest.
Girls BB: 1/5 Rivercrest (H)
Boys BB: 1/6 @ Rivercrest