Tuesday, December 13, 2022 Daily Announcements
Senior high Fbla members: the Fbla Christmas Pizza party is today at noon in the library!
Art Club Officers:
President Jadah Smith
Vice President Taylor Blackwell
Secretary Ty Smith
Treasurer Chloe Perez
Representatives Ashlynn Bearden & Jacquline
T-shirt design Mushrooms
No Chess practice this week or next week. It will resume after Christmas break.
If you are interested in a virtual ACT prep class see Mrs. Amber. It will be February 7, 9:30 - 3:00.
There will be a baseball meeting today at the beginning of 2nd hour.
Mrs. White’s 9th grade Lexia contest winner was 1st period!! They will get a pizza party during lunch and 6th hour today. Mrs. White will email a list to the teachers.
Lunch today is Christmas meal
Today is the last regular school day before Christmas Break!!
Tomorrow is review day. You are required to be here for the reviews of the tests you have to take.
Thursday 9th – 12th tests will be 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th hour classes.
Thursday 7th/8th tests will be Math and English
Friday 9th – 12th tests will be 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th hour classes.
Friday 7th/8th tests will be Science and Social Studies/History
*There are specific time schedules for these tests.
Civics test will be scheduled when we come back from Christmas break.
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
6) Only basketball players are to be in the Middle Gym during basketball games to change clothes before and after games. No other students will be allowed down the hallway during basketball games.
We will give a “super fan” award at every home game. You can win a drink and candy bar and you name will be entered for a grand prize at the end of the year.
Congratulations to the Jr. High girls' basketball team for defeating Newport
Girls BB: 12/12 @ Newport, 12/13 @ Armorel, 12/15 Manila (H),
12/17 Christmas Classic vs Greenville
Boys BB: 12/12 S-H Christmas Tourn. Vs Senath-Hornersville, 12/17 Gosnell (H)