Monday, December 12, 2022 Daily Announcements
Senior high Fbla members: all toy/toiletry donations for Arkansas Children’s Hospital must be taken to Mrs. Peters’s classroom by the end of the day today for those members who want to attend the Fbla Christmas Pizza party tomorrow at noon in the library! Make sure you have the substitute write your name down so you can be on the list to attend.
The Art Club Christmas party will be today during 2nd period.
No Chess practice this week or next week. It will resume after Christmas break.
If you are interested in a virtual ACT prep class see Mrs. Amber. It will be February 7, 9:30 - 3:00.
There will be a baseball meeting tomorrow at the beginning of 2nd hour.
Mrs. Russom’s 5th hour class will be in the gym all day today for winning the door decorating contest.
FCCLA is having their Christmas Luncheon meeting, today. Members will have a ticket allowing them to leave at 11:55 with teacher's permission.
I will also have the FCCLA officers in my room in the morning from classes that will allow them:
Officers: Chloe Sexton, Maddy Winitizer, Dixie Book, Emily Conley, Haley Hanners, Kaydience Wires, and Ashlynn Bearden.
Mrs. White’s 9th grade Lexia contest winner was 1st period!! They will get a pizza party during lunch and 6th hour tomorrow. Mrs. White will email a list to the teachers.
Civics test will be scheduled when we come back from Christmas break.
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
6) Only basketball players are to be in the Middle Gym during basketball games to change clothes before and after games. No other students will be allowed down the hallway during basketball games.
We will give a “super fan” award at every home game. You can win a drink and candy bar and you name will be entered for a grand prize at the end of the year.
The Sr. Boys basketball team will play at Senath-Hornersville tonight at 7:30 in the Christmas tournament. The tournament is being streamed on the KTMO Facebook page.
Girls BB: 12/12 @ Newport, 12/13 @ Armorel, 12/15 Manila (H),
12/17 Christmas Classic vs Greenville
Boys BB: 12/12 S-H Christmas Tourn. Vs Senath-Hornersville, 12/17 Gosnell (H)