Monday, December 5, 2022 Daily Announcements
All senior class members will meet in the new gym 2nd period today (Monday)
Senior High FBLA Members: Memphis Grizzlies permission slips MUST be turned in to Mrs. Peters or her substitute by the end of the day Monday, December 5.
Jostens will be here on Wednesday, Dec 7 to deliver Junior class rings. If you have a $0 balance, you will be able to get your ring that day.
The Sr. High FBLA Holiday Party will be December 13. You MUST bring an unopened item for AR Children's Hospital (or $2) in order to attend. Donations should be brought to Mrs. Peters' classroom by the end of the day, December 9.
Mrs. Peters' Marketing Classes will be hosting the 2nd Annual Food Cart Fest next Friday, December 9! Students will be set up selling food and drinks from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Students will be allowed to purchase items at the discretion of their classroom teachers throughout the day. Items will range in price from $1 - $5.
Work Keys Test ---- We plan on testing on December 6, 7, 8 at 9:00 in the library.
See Mrs. Amber if you are interested in taking concurrent Biology in the Spring. Registration opens November 7. You must have a 19 on the Reading section of the ACT.
Chess practice will be every Thursday right after school until 4:15.
Civics test schedule:
Tuesday (Dec 6) – 4th hour Nate Brantley, Jason Jeffries, Connor Jordan, Emma Langley, Chris Price, and Emma Morrisett
Tuesday (Dec 6) – 5th hour Anna Haley, Becky Due, and Paige Morgan
Wednesday (Dec 7) – 4th hour Austin Seal, Shawn-Hudson Seegraves, Jake Smart
Students may start joining FCCLA. Dues are $15.00 and this includes a chapter t-shirt. Students in 9-12th grades that have had or are taking a FCS class can be members. See Mrs. Little.
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
6) Only basketball players are to be in the Middle Gym during basketball games to change clothes before and after games. No other students will be allowed down the hallway during basketball games.
Jr. Archery Practice
Monday 11/28 after school until 4:30
Wednesday 11/30 after school until 4:30
Sr. Archery Practice
Tuesday 11/29 after school until 4:30
Wednesday 11/30 4:30-5:30
We will give a “super fan” award at every home game. You can win a drink and candy bar and you name will be entered for a grand prize at the end of the year.
Girls BB: 12/8 Corning (H)
Boys BB: 12/5 @ Ridgefield Christian, 12/6 @ Corning, 12/9 @ Manila