Friday, December 2, 2022 Daily Announcements
Congratulations to the 7th graders that will be in the district Spelling bee:
Alt. Paige Christopher
Congratulations to the following FCCLA STAR Events participants, they are all advancing to the State Competition:
Ty Smith - Career Investigation - Gold
Chloe Sexton and Taylor Blackwell - Chapter in Review - Gold Haley Hanners and Taylor Peters - Event Management - Gold
Olivia Sexton and Jeanel Vaughn - Sustainability – Silver
Congratulations to the 7th grade/Jr. High/Sr. High girls' basketball teams for defeating Walnut Ridge.
This Friday at 10:55 in Mrs. Sadie's room there will be a ML FBLA meeting for any student wanting to compete this Spring. This meeting is only for members who want to compete.
Senior High FBLA Members: Memphis Grizzlies permission slips MUST be turned in to Mrs. Peters or her substitute by the end of the day Monday, December 5.
The Sr. High FBLA Holiday Party will be December 13. You MUST bring an unopened item for AR Children's Hospital (or $2) in order to attend. Donations should be brought to Mrs. Peters' classroom by the end of the day, December 9.
Mrs. Peters' Marketing Classes will be hosting the 2nd Annual Food Cart Fest next Friday, December 9! Students will be set up selling food and drinks from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Students will be allowed to purchase items at the discretion of their classroom teachers throughout the day. Items will range in price from $1 - $5.
Work Keys Test ---- We plan on testing on December 6, 7, 8. The Northeast Arkansas Regional Intermodal Authority has donated (8) $100 gift cards for our students who pass all 3 sections of the Work Keys test. If we have more than 8 who pass all 3 tests, we will draw names for the gift cards.
See Mrs. Amber if you are interested in taking concurrent Biology in the Spring. Registration opens November 7. You must have a 19 on the Reading section of the ACT.
Chess practice will be every Thursday right after school until 4:15.
Mrs. Amber will be scheduling you for the Civics test over the next few weeks.
Students may start joining FCCLA. Dues are $15.00 and this includes a chapter t-shirt. Students in 9-12th grades that have had or are taking a FCS class can be members. See Mrs. Little.
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
6) Only basketball players are to be in the Middle Gym during basketball games to change clothes before and after games. No other students will be allowed down the hallway during basketball games.
Jr. Archery Practice
Monday 11/28 after school until 4:30
Wednesday 11/30 after school until 4:30
Sr. Archery Practice
Tuesday 11/29 after school until 4:30
Wednesday 11/30 4:30-5:30
We will give a “super fan” award at every home game. You can win a drink and candy bar and you name will be entered for a grand prize at the end of the year.