Monday, November 14, 2022 Daily Announcements
Congratulations to the following winners of the turkey decorating contest Aubrey Smith for winning 1st place in 8-12 age division, 2nd place to Belle Lovelace in 13-17 age division, Jadah Smith for 18+ division, 2nd place to Karlee Hall/Addison Cluck and 3rd place to Kaitlyn Brown/Kendra Redmon for 3rd place in group division.
Congratulations to the Jr. High and Sr. High Girls' basketball teams for defeating Blytheville.
Theatre Club members: Please check the Google Classroom. Ms. V. has posted a question and some links to playscripts. She needs your input.
There will be a drama meeting at 10:45 a.m. fourth hour on Tuesday in Mrs. Vernon’s room
Tomorrow, Tuesday, November 15, is the LAST day to bring money and forms for FBLA members who want to attend the Grizzlies’ game. Mrs. Peters is ordering the tickets Tuesday after school and no late orders will be accepted. Money must be turned in with forms.
Work Keys Test ---- We plan on testing on December 6, 7, 8. The Northeast Arkansas Regional Intermodal Authority has donated (8) $100 gift cards for our students who pass all 3 sections of the Work Keys test. If we have more than 8 who pass all 3 tests, we will draw names for the gift cards.
POSTPONED----There will be a Spanish Club meeting on Monday at 9:15 in room 232. Members are Kenyen Littrell, Olivia Blackwell, Dagan Frekring, Taylor Peters, Zander Mayberry, Cason Maynard, and Osvaldo Garcia. Please allow them to come to the meeting.
There will be a softball meeting Wednesday at the beginning of 5th period in the middle gym for any girls in 9-12 who want to play.
See Mrs. Amber if you are interested in taking concurrent Biology in the Spring. Registration opens November 7. You must have a 19 on the Reading section of the ACT.
The eighth-grade spelldown will take place first period in Mrs. Woolery's classroom on Thursday, November 17th.Closer to this date, I will send out a list of participating students.
Art members can sign up for officers in the art room.
Art Club members will have a meeting 2nd period Monday, November 14th, in the art room. A list of the members will be sent out prior to the meeting.
Chess practice will be every Thursday right after school until 4:15.
Students may start joining FCCLA. Dues are $15.00 and this includes a chapter t-shirt. Students in 9-12th grades that have had or are taking a FCS class can be members. See Mrs. Little.
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
6) Only basketball players are to be in the Middle Gym during basketball games to change clothes before and after games. No other students will be allowed down the hallway during basketball games.
We will give a “super fan” award at every home game. You can win a drink and candy bar and you name will be entered for a grand prize at the end of the year.
Girls BB: PSB Invitational tourn. (senior high), 11/21 Rector (H)
Boys BB: 11/19 Marmaduke (H), 11/21 Rector (H)