Wednesday, November 9, 2022 Daily Announcements
The Middle & New Gyms will be closed until Friday. All PE classes will meet in the Old Gym
Senior High FBLA members who want to attend the Memphis Grizzlies game must turn in forms and payment to Mrs. Peters by November 15.
Senior High FBLA will take their club picture this Thursday in the New Gym. All members should report to the New Gym Lobby at 11:00. This year's t-shirt will be handed to members when you arrive. A current list of members will be emailed to teachers.
Those students who signed up to take the Work Keys test need to meet in the library on Friday at 8:30 to get your login to study. Dixie Book, Nyla Dees, Karter Webb, Blake Branson, Ashton Reed, Taylor Blackwell, Anna Haley, Emma Langley, Maddy Wintizer, Nate Brantley, Austin Seal, Lexi Rigdon, Sierra Minton, Leslie Reaves, Liam McElhatten, Bre Scott, Abby Crawford, Logan Steele, Zoey Cleveland
Work Keys Test ---- Juniors and Seniors: The Northeast Arkansas Regional Intermodal Authority has donated (8) $100 gift cards for our students who pass all 3 sections of the Work Keys test. If we have more than 8 who pass all 3 tests, we will draw names for the gift cards. Let Mrs. Amber know if you want to take the test. We plan on testing on November 15, 16, & 17
See Mrs. Amber if you are interested in taking concurrent Biology in the Spring. Registration opens November 7. You must have a 19 on the Reading section of the ACT.
Art members can sign up for officers in the art room.
Art Club members will have a meeting 2nd period Monday, November 14th, in the art room. A list of the members will be sent out prior to the meeting.
Everyone is invited to attend the Art on the Square event this Saturday from 3-7 pm. There will be art, food, crafts, and live music - The Art Club is sponsoring a goody basket that anyone can sign-up for a chance to win at the art event this Saturday
There will be a baseball meeting Thursday at the beginning of second hour in the old gym. Coach Hearn will send teachers a list of those who attend the meeting.
No Chess practice this week. Chess practice will be every Thursday right after school until 4:15.
Archery Practice for 7th - 12th
Monday, November 7th - Practice after school until 4:45pm
Mohawk Nation shirt orders are due on Wednesday, November 9.
The junior class officers will be meeting on Wednesday, November 9, at 12:15 in Mrs. Flowers's room #225. Students will need to bring their lunch to the meeting.
Students may start joining FCCLA. Dues are $15.00 and this includes a chapter t-shirt. Students in 9-12th grades that have had or are taking a FCS class can be members. See Mrs. Little.
November 9 ------ ASVAB for Seniors 8:15 – 11:00 Cafeteria (we will all call for you)
This Week in SPORTS:
Mohawk and Lady Mohawk Basketball season is upon us! Please remember the following rules to ensure we have some good nights on the court and in the stands:
1) Doors will not open for the games until 45 minutes prior to the first game. For example, if the first game starts at 5:00pm, the doors will not open until 4:15pm. If you stay after school, you must remain outside the buildings until the doors open.
2) All Piggott High School Students have free admission; however if you leave the gym you must leave campus. Students are not to hang out in the parking lot or under the portico during the games. We are here to cheer on the Mohawks!
3) Keep all cheers positive and directed to our teams, any derogatory remarks toward visiting teams, players, or officials will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave.
4) No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the lobby or gym area. Finish those items before entering.
5) Only players and coaches need to be on the gym floor. Please stay off the court.
Girls BB: 11/11 Blytheville (H)
Boys BB: 11/12 @ Pocahontas 7th grade tourney