Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) is a federal program designed to provide food support to families with children who were receiving free and reduced-price school meals and missed school for COVID-related absences. It can help families pay for food when students are absent from school due to a COVID-19 related isolation/quarantine. The Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), in collaboration with the Department of Human Services (DHS), received approval to operate this program in response to the COVID-19 related school closures for school year 2021-22.
To be eligible a student must:
- Qualify for free and reduced priced meal, AND
- Have been absent from school due to COVID-19 isolation/quarantine
- *Benefits are allowed only on planned school calendar days. Benefits are not allowed on weekends or holidays.
- June 15, 2022 —July 15, 2022 — Household to complete the application process and submit to the district
- July 18, 2022- July 29, 2022 — District to consolidate collected student information and submit spreadsheet to DESE
- August 1, 2022-August 12, 2022 — DESE consolidate all district submitted spreadsheets and submit file to DHS for payment processing.
- August 15 — September 30, 2022 — DHS prepare payment file for payment processing, send files to processor for payment.
For students whose instruction choice was in-person, the households can contact the Piggott School District at (870) 598-2572 and complete the Arkansas Parent-lnitiated P-EBT Application. The school district will verify the absences, approve the application, and submit the student's information to DESE. DESE will provide a file for DHS to process the benefit.
If you have questions or need help, contact Shamala McCluskey at (870) 598-2572.
Freddie Bowen, Superintendent
USDA Non-Discrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) Where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:
https://www.usda.gov/oascr/how-to-file-a-program-discrimination-complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. TO request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
- fax: (202) 690-7442; or
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
P-EBT Instructions for Parents
- Consider whether your student(s) qualifies for P-EBT benefits:
- Does my student free/reduced eligibility status?
- I was approved for free or reduced meal benefits based on approval of a free/reduced meal application OR
- My child qualifies through direct certification (SNAP eligible) OR
- My school qualifies for special status through CEP or Provision 2
- Was my student absent due to a COVID-19 isolation or quarantine?
- If the answer is yes to BOTH of the questions (a and b) above, your student qualifies and you should contact your child’s school for an application.
- Return/submit the completed application (either via google form or a paper application) to your child’s school by July 29, 2022.
- Await processing and receipt of P-EBT card (could be a several weeks)
Click here for the google form.