Monday, February 27, 2023 Daily Announcements
ACT for Junior will be tomorrow. Juniors you can check with Mrs. Flowers, Ms. Crommie, or Ms. Russom to see what room you will test in. Report to that room when the 7:55 bell rings tomorrow morning.
The only students allowed to park at the old gym are the senior high football players. Everyone else needs to park in the main parking area at the new gym or in the chat parking lot. Students should not be parking on the side of the new gym or in the middle gym parking areas.
Chess practice will be Thursday after school.
Cheerleading tryout forms are located in the front office. Stop by to sign up and pick up an information packet.
Juniors and seniors who wish to bring a date to prom who is not a junior or senior at PHS can pick up a date form and a copy of the prom rules in the office. Forms and fees must be turned in to the office no later than 3 PM on Tuesday, March 28 (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Mrs. Little is selling the extra Homecoming t-shirts for $10.00, see her for sizes.
Feb 27 - FFA Officers read to Preschoolers from 8:00- 10:30 am. Please excuse the following students: Riley Jo Gossett, Laura Jackson, Kade Johnson, Jessie Henson, Leslie Reaves, Dillion Gibson
Feb 28 - CDE Contest at BRTC (Land, Agronomy) Please excuse the following students: Riley Jo Gossett, Laura Jackson, Jessie Henson, Kaden Wilson, Charlie Latta, Morgan Rahn, Leslie Reaves, Aden Wood
March 1 - Greenhand/Chapter Degree Ceremonies- Please release all FFA Members to go to the New Gym at 9:50 am.
March 2 - CDE Teams will present to the 5th and 6th Grade from 8:00-10:00 AM. (Land, Electricity, Agronomy, Forestry, Nursery Landscape, Dairy Foods) Please excuse the following students: Riley Jo Gossett, Laura Jackson, Jessie Henson, Kaden Wilson, Michael Haywood, Kade Johnson, Cade Timms, Lawson Tompkins, Blake Branson, Charlie Latta, Morgan Rahn, Leslie Reaves, Aden Wood, Summer Aarlie, Kaitlyn Brown, Breanna Harmon, Olivia Sexton, Clark Deckard, Will Lipsey, Dillon Gibson,Shawn Hudson Seegraves, Logan Steele, Adam Fuller, Manuel Bare, Easton Laden, Mikaylah Putt, Kelsey Wilson
March 3 - Pancake Breakfast will be served to the Faculty at 7:45 am.
April 28 – Blood Drive
BRTC will host FAFSA Night's on our campuses. This will be one on one assistance to complete the FAFSA information. Listed below are the dates and times for each campus.
Pocahontas - February 28 - 4:30pm - 7pm
Paragould - March 7 - 4:30pm - 7pm.
* Black River Technical College's Foundation and Private Scholarship deadline is March 1st. If you have students planning on attending BRTC please encourage them to complete the application by the deadline.
*American Legion Coudret Trust and Garner Trust Scholarships – see Mrs. Amber for application. Must be a child, grandchild, or great grandchild of American Legionnaires. Applications must be received back to dept headquarters by March 10, 2023
*C. B. Garrison Scholaship – for seniors who are son/daughter of AAEA members. See Mrs. Amber for application. Deadline is April 7, 2023
* The College of Education and Behavioral Science at Arkansas State University is pleased to offer a performance-based scholarship to three incoming Fall 2023 freshmen who have declared one of the following majors,
See Mrs. Amber for link to application. Deadline April 1st2023
* The ASBA Educational Foundation is currently seeking applications for the 2023 Scholarship Award Program. The Foundation has awarded college scholarships to sons/daughters/legal wards of Arkansas school board members since 1994. The awards are based on a student’s academic record and leadership potential. The ASBA Freshman Scholarship is a $2,500 scholarship awarded to four high school seniors who will enter two-year or four-year institutions of higher education. Recipients must be the sons/daughters/legal wards of publicly elected Arkansas school board members who have served on his/her local board at some time during the 2022-2023 school year.
The Marshall Hughes Scholarship, which is named in honor of former Beardsley Public Finance employee, Marshall Hughes, is a $5,000 scholarship that will be awarded to the overall statewide freshman scholarship winner. Recipients must be the sons/daughters/legal wards of publicly elected Arkansas school board members who have served on his/her local board at some time during the 2022-2023 school year.
The scholarship application deadline is MARCH 1, 2023. The application and required documents must be submitted electronically. Criteria and instructions for submission are attached, or you may visit ASBA’s website for additional information.
* ATTENTION: High School Seniors
Clay County Electric Cooperative Corporation is seeking High School Seniors who are interested in pursuing a career as a High Voltage Lineman. Clay County Electric Cooperative offers a sponsorship for the High Voltage Lineman training at ASU Newport. This program offers an Associate of Applied Science in General Technology with emphasis in High Voltage Lineman. This is a great career opportunity with a high earning income potential. Applications must be submitted by the close of business Friday, March 24, 2023.
The PIGGOTT AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE scholarship is now available. This is a $1,000 scholarship and for seniors who plan to attend a college, university, or trade school. Applications are available in Mrs. Amber’s office. Deadline is Friday, March 31, 2023. Return completed applications to Mrs. Amber.
Clay County Arts Council Scholarship application is available in Mrs. Amber’s office.
1. ARTS COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIP (art, music, etc)
2. MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP (Joey Pruett and Larry Norred)
3. COMMUNITY SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP (Demetria Shultz)
Due Date is FRIDAY, APRIL 14, 2023
This Week in SPORTS:
Softball 2/28 Marked Tree (H)
3/2 @ Marked Tree